Grebes Agenda Items:
The following items are on the agenda:
1. Update on public seminar series
– Dates for speakers?
– Update from Roo, Lucas (and Hannah) about artwork ideas
2. Professional Development updates from Adam Burns
3. Budget for 2014-2015 in process.
Thom Nelson, Ashley Bateman, Allison Fuiten, Kristin Alligood, Dan Thomas, Adam Burns, Lorien Reynolds, Andrew Nishida, Anya Hopple, Christine O’Connor, Roo Vandegrift, Alex Weimer
5:00-5:10 Travel Awards Q&A –
- due today @ midnight
- discussion if stipend funds could be used for other research needs other than travel awards.
- seminar on Wednesday at 7pm
- Lynn Rothschild – last week in April 23rd or the 30th? Preference for the 30th
- Chris McKay – scheduled for May 7th
- Maggie Turnbull – scheduled for May 28th
5:18-5:19 Roo and Lucas and Hannah will continue coordinating artwork for seminar series
5:19-5:33 Adam Burns – Professional Development
- Nonacademic career themed panel
- Adam talked with Geneva Foster at CABS
- Geneva: have people come to University of Oregon for other talks and then schedule her to come to talk about nonacademic careers over coffee & donuts
- Want people in panel who have PhD
- Potential people for winter panel: Life Technologies, Eric Johnson, Jason Boone (Floragenetics), would like someone in government jobs
- Skype in panel members?
- Kristin Alligood & Dan Thomas have possible contacts
- Adam requests names of people with PhDs that are willing to come give talks. Particularly, people who hold the government positions.
5:34-5:20 Budget for 2014-15
- cap on student fees, so being more conservative on asking for money from ASUO
- asking for same amount as last year, except a little more for seminar series and took out video feed